Slow Cooked Lamb Knee
4 lamb’s knees
1 red onion
30 g carrots
6 garlic cloves
g parsley 120 g tomato paste
240 ml red wine
50 ml white wine
1000 ml beef broth
1000 ml chicken broth
2 sprigs rosemary
3 bay leaves
Celery root puree
240g celery root
90 grams of brown mushrooms (small brown mushrooms), cut in half
6 pearl onions,
50 grams of butter,
2 sprigs of thyme
2 small dried onions,
12 pea sprouts,
12 sprigs of celery
Slowly braised lamb’s knee:
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a pan, add lamb’s knee and fry until golden, then take it out.
2. Fry onions, celery, carrots and garlic in the same pot.
3. Add tomato paste and wine in the same pot and stir-fry until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Add beef and chicken stock and herbs.
5. Put the fried lamb knee into the preheated 150 degree oven and bake slowly, and bake for 2 and a half hours or until tender.
6. Take out the knee of lamb, strain the sauce, and season with salt.
Celery root puree:
1. Peel and cut celery root into cubes, put it in a saucepan, and pour milk to cover
2. Cook until crisp and mixed with milk, add milk to adjust the thickness as needed, and season with salt.
1. Take a pan, add butter and thyme, fry the mushrooms and pearl onions until cooked and soft, season with salt and pepper.
1. Slice the small shallots and pat on the flour.
2. Deep-fried until golden and crisp. Seasoning.
1. Put the celery root puree into the bottom of a round deep bowl, put the grilled vegetables, and put the stewed lamb knee on top.
2. Garnish with fried scallions and pea sprouts, and serve with tender leaves of celery.